Generic Serial Test Job
From UC Grid Wiki
serial.sh is a generic serial shell script to test serial programs. It looks like this:
#!/bin/sh echo "Hello World" sleep 20 exit
To test using this job:
- Use the Data Manager to copy it to the cluster on which you will run it.
- Select "Generic Jobs" under the "Job Services" tab.
- Fill in the Generic Job Submission form as follows:
- Select the cluster name from the drop down menu labeled "Submit to:".
- Job Name is optional
- You should have already have copied the executable, serial.sh, to the selected cluster. Either:
- Click the File Folder symbol to the right of the text input field labeled "Executable:" and use the file selector which opens to select the executable or
- type in the filename of the executable in the text input field. Either provide a full path or a path which is relative to your home directory ($HOME).
- Leave the text input field labeled "Arguments:" blank.
- Leave the text input field labeled "Directory:" blank.
- For "JobType" select Serial.
- Enter 1 for the number of processors.
- Click the "Submit Job" button.