he Sync Service syncronizes the databases between the Campus Grid Portals and the higher-level Grid Portal in real time. Basically, when the administrator of one of the Campus Grid Portals adds a cluster resource to the Campus Grid or changes other information, the Sync Service updates the database in the higher-level Grid Portal, in this case the UC Grid Portal, accordingly.
In order to connect the Campus Grid Portal to the Sync Service at the higher-level Grid, you need to do the following:
- Install the sync Service on the same machine as the CA at the higher-level Grid Portal.
Add the hostnames of all the Campus Grid Portals to the file:
- Have the central CA issue a host certificate for each of the Campus Grid Portals. The administrator of each Campus Grid Portal will install the certificate there in /etc/grid-security. In addition, the Campus Grid Portals have to trust the central CA. See the INSTALL instructions.
Sync Service actions
- Update user information such as Username, full name, email Address, organization. Disable or enable.
- Delete GridSphere account for that user from the higher-level Grid Portal.
- Add a trusted cluster.
- Delete a trusted cluster.
- Modify trusted cluster information.
- Add cluster access to a user.
- Delete a user's access to a specific cluster.
- Add an application to the Grid Portal's database and associate it with a cluster.
- Delete an application from a cluster.
- Modify application properties.
- Add an applicaiton/pool association.
- Delete an applicaiton/pool association.
- Add pool information.
- Delete pool information.
- Modify pool information.
- Add pool access for a user.
- Delete pool access for a user.